- Haem.&Blood Transfusion consultant (1993 - Current)
- Chairman of Education Committee at Council of Representatives (2006 - 2010)
- Vice Chairman of Ed.Committee at COR(2010 - 2014)
- Education &Health Adviser at Iraqi Presidency 2014 - 2018)
- Since 1979, Dr. Alaa Makki has been a Transfusion Medicine specialist with the distinction of performing the first stem cell separation in Iraq in 2003. Dr. Makki’s core interests lie in education and health, and he has dedicated his professional life to modernizing and improving the quality of Blood Transfusion Services in Iraq and teaching Transfusion Medicine in Baghdad Medical College (1993-2005), and improving and modernizing the Education System in Iraq after 2005.
- Currently, Dr. Makki is a supervisor of Erbil Blood Bank, a lecturer in Transfusion Medicine & Bone Marrow Transplantation at the Kurdistan Board of Haematology, and Attending Consultant Haematologist at Nanekely Hospital for Blood Diseases. In addition, he is the Supervisor of Transfusion Medicine Teaching for the Arab Board of Clinical Pathology in Baghdad Medical City.